I had the pleasure of interviewing Tim Rogan while he was in town to performing the role of Tony Elliot with Lyric Theatre's production of Bill Elliot. I had never seen Rogan perform in person prior to this interview...but now that I have, I am blown away with this guy's presence on stage, physically and vocally. You can tell by this interview that Tim is passionate about acting, singing and living the life of a professional performer. He allows every experience to be one of learning and despite being a young man, he shows wisdom way beyond his years. Having spent two years on national tours, (Gaston in Beauty and the Beast and Lancelot in Camelot) Tim is now taking the big apple by storm. Along with his performing credentials, Tim also has a lot of "iron cred." He definitely lives the lift big, sing big, look great doing it lifestyle and allows his training to compliment his performing goals. I learned a great deal from doing this interview and I know you all will as well.
10 Gym Songs You Wouldn't Expect to be Awesome:
1. Shostakovich String Quartet No. 8 in C minor, Movement II
2. "Vesti la Giubba" from i pagliacci
3. "Being Alive" from Company by Stephen Sondheim
4. Future Markets from There Will Be Blood by Jonny Greenwood
5. "Cortigianni!" from Rigoletto by Verdi
6. "Make Them Hear You" from Ragtime
7. Shostakovich Symphony No. 10 (The fast movement...the one where basses sound like bees.
8. "It all fades away" from The Bridges of Madison County by Jason Robert Brown
9. "Ch'ella Mi Creda" from La Fanciulla del West by Puccini
10. Epiphay from Sweeney Todd by Stephen Sondhwim
This episode features one of my best friends, my real life brother, Austin Yeargain. We talk about growing up, aspirations, transformations, and acting!