I’m constantly trying to find creative ways to get in more protein. Protein powders do the job, but the taste gets boring and redundant. And sometimes when you’re eating chicken you just wish it was something different. Something like pancakes, waffles, or even french toast.
Full Discretion: I did not come up with this recipe. I saw it on a Youtube video a while ago and it has become a staple in my diet ever since.
3 Pieces of Toast
2–3 Whole Eggs
3–6 Egg Whites
Cinnamon to taste
Stevia to taste
Sugar Free Syrup
- Thoroughly Coat a large pan or a deep skillet with a zero calorie spray (especially the sides), I prefer canola oil.
- Place Three pieces of bread evenly in a triangle fashion in the pan.
- In a separate bowl, whip up the whole eggs and egg whites until they are a smooth consistency.
- Add Cinnamon and Stevia and then mix thoroughly once more.
- Pour contents of bowl over the bread in the pan and place a lid over the top of the pan.
- Cook on stove on medium to low heat until there isn’t any liquid moving on top.
- With a spatula, carefully flip the now large piece of toast on to the uncooked side.
- I prefer to have one side crispy and one side with a fluffier egg like consistency, but cook both sides to your desired consistency.
- Flip onto a plate, spray some “I can’t believe it’s not butter” on that sucker, warm up some sugar free syrup and enjoy you lucky S.O.B.
Macros for Broast with 2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites, 3 pieces of Toast, ½ cup of Sugar free syrup:
Protein: 34 grams
Carb: 50 grams
Fat: 11 grams
Fiber: 9 grams
Obviously different brands and types of bread and syrup and going to alter these macros. These macros are calculated with these nutritional facts. You can switch them out for whatever you like, just make it work with your macros.
Bread: Nature’s Own Wheat Enriched 40 Calorie Per Slice
Sugar Free Syrup: Hungry Jack Sugar Free Syrup
Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think of it on my Instagram or FaceBook: @TheOperaBro
The Opera Bro