After hearing only amazing things about his work from mutual friends and colleagues, I knew I had to learn more about Chuck Hudson and his performing philosophies. Chuck’s specialty in movement comes from a background in gymnastics as well as being one of three Americans to have received a diploma from the Marcel Marceau International School of Mimedrama in Paris. He is the only American to be appointed to teach at Marceau’s School.
This is a tremendous episode and I'm excited for you all to hear it!
Here is a list of books I recommend…I only mentioned the first one in our chat.
· Respect for Acting: Uta Hagen
· On the Technique of Acting: Michael Chekhov
· Acting is Believing—A Basic Method:
Charles McGraw, Larry D. Clark
· The Actor and the Target: Declan Donnellan
· Actions—The Actors' Thesaurus:
Marina Caldarone, Maggie Lloyd-Williams
· The Acting Edge—Performance Unleashed: Dean Carey
· Body Wisdom: Arthur Lessac
· The Articulate Body: Anne Dennis
· Etienne Decroux: Thomas Leabhart
Communication & Organization:
· First Things First: Stephen Covey
· How to Work a Room: Susan RoAne
· The Open Mind—Exploring the 6 Patterns of Natural Intelligence: