This is one of my favorite things to eat. It’s low calorie, high protein, and super easy to make! I used to make them ALL the time when I was living in a dorm at Des Moines Metro Opera.
This low calorie pizza requires very specific ingredients in order to keep the macros so friendly. The only difficult ingredient to acquire might be Joseph’s Oat Bran and Whole Wheat Pitas. However, if you’re near a Walmart, chances are high that you can find some there! This recipe shows you how to make 4 Mini Pita Pizzas.
4 Joseph’s Mini Pitas (50 calories each)
16–17 Hormel Turkey Pepperonis
1 String Cheese
⅛ cup of Prego (light) Marinara
- Lay out 4 Pitas and place 1–2 tablespoons of Prego (light) marinara in each pita.
- Place 4–5 Turkey Pepperonis on each pita
- Cut the string cheese, or peel the string cheese and divide it evenly between the 4 pitas.
- Place pitas onto a cookie sheet, place into a preheated oven or toaster oven.
- Cook to desired crispness or until cheese appears “melty.”
Macros for 1 Mini Pita Pizza with 4 Pepperonis, and 1/4th string cheese
Protein: 9 grams
Carbs: 8 grams
Fat: 3 grams
Give these a try and I promise that you won’t be disappointed. You can also switch things out to make it your own. Different cheeses, different sauces, or even different meats! If you try it and like it, let me know on my social media: @TheOperaBro
Kasey Yeargain AKA The Opera Bro